Topic: I AM AMERICAN
Both the Writing Contest and High School Senior Scholarship are open to the public and not limited to Sharon residents.
- All genres accepted: memoir, fiction, poetry, essay
- 500 word maximum
- Type, font size 12 or handwritten
- No photos or illustrations
- Content is more important than style.
- Age 18 or older: include name, address, phone number, and email.
- Age 17 and younger: include name, age, grade, address, phone number and email. If your entry is a winner, parental consent is required for publication.
- NEW THIS YEAR: High School Senior $250 Scholarship sponsored by Whitney Place. Include name, age, school, address, phone number and email.
How to Submit
Email your personal narrative to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subject line must state: I AM AMERICAN contest.
- For High School Senior Scholarship entries, subject line must state: I AM AMERICAN – SCHOLARSHIP ENTRY. College application or enrollment is not required.
- Type your narrative in the email itself. Attachments will NOT be opened.
- Submit by US mail to: I AM AMERICAN Contest, 1267 Bay Road, Sharon, MA 02067
- High School Senior Scholarship entries submitted by US mail must state “SCHOLARSHIP ENTRY” below your name.
All entries must be received by Monday, April 15, 2019.
Celebratory Readings and Awards
Sunday, April 28, 2019 at 2:00 – 4:00 PM. Whitney Place, 675 South Main Street.
Winners will read their I AM AMERICAN entries. As time allows, others may read their submissions.
- $250 Scholarship Award for one High School Senior sponsored by Whitney Place
- Barnes & Noble gift certificates for other categories
- Publication online at www.onebookonetown.org
- Recording of winning stories by Sharon Community Television
Check out 2018 winners: Unconditional Love Writing Contest Winners and Submissions
PROSE – ADULT
POETRY – ADULT
PROSE – STUDENT
3rd place prose
POETRY – STUDENT